In the Strategy Tester of the trading platform, you can test Expert Advisors and indicators in the visual mode. This mode allows to visualize exactly how the Expert Advisor performs trade operations during backtesting. Each trade of a financial instrument is displayed on its chart. In the visual testing mode, you can test the operation of an indicator using historical data. This feature allows to easily test the operation of demo versions of indicators downloaded from the Market.
To start the visual testing:
- Enable the “Visualization” option in the Strategy Tester settings. When you select testing of indicators, the visualization is enabled automatically.
- Disable the optimization mode, because visualization is only available in the testing mode.
- Make sure that one of local agents is used for testing. If a remote agent is selected for testing, choose a local one using the “ Select” command in its context menu.
If all of the above conditions are met, clicking on the “Start” button opens the visualization window.
Testing Visualizer runs in a separate window:
Information about the testing process is available in several forms:
- Price chart, where trade operations are shown.
- Market Watch, which shows prices generated during testing.
- Data Window, where you can view information about a selected point on the chart.
- The multifunctional Toolbox window that displays trade operations performed by an Expert Advisor during testing and logs of the visualizer.
**Note: This will only be applicable on the desktop app and not applicable on the web terminal
Hope this information helps