Who is in the other side of a synthetic index trade?

To be more specific, because on MT5 the volume tool (graph) in synthetic indices does not work. It makes me wonder the following:

1. Who is in the other side of a synthetic trade. For exmple: If I place a BUY order with a volume of 100 in the Volatility 25 Index, does someone need to SELL me the same amount of volume in order for the trade to be completed? Or, is the broker (Deriv) acting as the trade’s counterpart?

2. Is the market liquidity the way it is because of the Index’s supply and demand? or is the broker (Deriv) acting as buyer/seller in order to guarantee liquidity?

Thx

Dear @chimars-addrest-2, thank you for joining the community! Synthetic Indices mimic real-world market volatility and are available for trading 24/7. They are based on a cryptographically secure random number generator audited for fairness by an independent third party. Do understand the synthetic indices created by Deriv.com. Therefore, the booking system for this trading will be the B book. For more information, you may contact us via LiveChat and we’ll assist you further.