Hello Deriv Community,
The timeframe refers to the duration of a market trend, and traders use different timeframes to analyze and trade various assets based on their investment horizon and trading approach. Immediate or primary timeframes are currently relevant and attract day traders and high-frequency trading systems. They include charts that show price movements over a few minutes, hours, or days, and traders who focus on these timeframes aim for short-term trading opportunities. On the other hand, traders with a longer-term investment horizon may use longer timeframes such as weekly or monthly charts to identify long-term trends and hold positions for an extended period. It’s worth noting that different timeframes offer different market perspectives, and traders can use multiple timeframes in their analysis to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the market.
To change the timeframe on a chart in MT5, follow these steps:
- Log in to your MT5 account.
- Click the “Charts” menu on the toolbar at the top.
- Select “Timeframes” from the menu that opens.
- In the “Timeframes” window, choose the duration you want to view by selecting it from the list.
- You can customise the appearance and settings of the chart by using the options in the “Properties” tab. When you are finished, click “OK” to add the chart to the platform.
Alternatively, you can change the time frame on an existing chart by right-clicking on the chart and selecting “Periodicity” from the menu that appears. This will open a menu with the available time frame options, which you can select to change the time frame of the chart.
If you have any questions, please contact us via live chat or WhatsApp.