Hello Deriv Community,
Graphical displays known as bar charts illustrate the price fluctuations of an asset or security over a specific timeframe. Each bar displayed on the chart shows the price range of the asset or security during the time period in question. Traders and investors can observe the open, high, low, and closing prices for the asset or security, gaining insight into how the price has changed over time. The OHLC format, which displays all four prices, is more frequently used as it provides greater detail about the asset or security’s price movements. Nevertheless, some bar charts may exhibit solely the high, low, and closing prices.
To add a bar chart to your MT5 platform, follow these steps:
- Log in to your MT5 account.
- Click the “Chart” menu on the toolbar at the top.
- Select “Charts” from the menu that appears.
- In the “Charts” window, you can choose the bar chart from the list of available instruments.
- Alternatively, you can add a bar chart by right-clicking on the asset or security in the “Market Watch” window and selecting “Chart Window” from the menu. This will open a new chart window with a bar chart for the selected asset or security. You can then customise the appearance and settings of the chart using the options in the “Properties” tab. Selecting the asset or security, you can choose the chart type you want to use. To create a bar chart, select “Bar chart” from the “Type” dropdown menu.
- You can customise the appearance and settings of the chart by using the options in the “Properties” tab. When you are finished, click “OK” to add the chart to the platform.
If you have any questions, please contact us via live chat or WhatsApp.