API: managing access on third-party applications and mobile apps.

Hi Deriv Community! :wave:

You may find this article regarding API tokens which is available in the settings section of your account.

What is API?

Application Programming Interface (API) is a technology that allows 2 or more computer programs to communicate with each other.

People have websites to interact with their systems. Computers have an API to interact with websites

-API can be used to access data from the third party
-API can be used to hide complexity and perform the task
-API can be used to extend the functionality
-API can be used as gatekeepers/security purposes

You can also use your API token to access your mobile apps and other third-party apps as well as copy trading.

Depending on the permission granted, external applications may conduct trades and/or make transfers to and from your account on your behalf. Therefore, it is best to keep track of the applications that are connected to your account.

How would you use the Deriv API?

As a web developer, you can use our Deriv API to create websites that are similar to the ones we own. You may also create desktop and mobile applications that carry out transactions and other activities for both users and yourself.

If you would like to know more about our Deriv API, please find the benefits on our page here:

What is API token?

In the API token section in your settings, you can use this feature to provide access to a third-party application to have access to your account. Bear in mind that there are a few scopes that you may enable according to your preferences.

• Read - View account activity such as settings, limits, balance sheets, trade purchase history, and more.
  • Trade - Buy and sell contracts, renew expired purchases, and top-up demo accounts.
  • Payments - Withdraw to payment agents, and transfer funds between accounts.
  • Admin - Open accounts, manage settings, manage token usage, and more.
  • Trading information - View the trading history.

We would recommend enabling the scopes based on the access that you are comfortable sharing only. You can create this token and provide it to a third-party developer to have access to the third-party application.

How do I allow apps to connect to my account?

You can provide the API token to the web developer that uses Deriv API on their application, the access to your account is depending on the level.

Where can I keep track of the authorized applications that are connected to my account?

Once you’ve connected your account to an application. You may find it in the Connected apps in your settings.

If you ever wanted to revoke access to these applications/API tokens, you may click on the Revoke access button available on the connected apps.

You may see the permissions of the applications and the level of access that the application has to your account.

Disclaimer:

1 - Clients agree to be fully and personally liable for the due settlement of every transaction under their account with the Company. Clients are responsible for ensuring that they alone control access to the account and In any case, clients remain fully liable for any and all positions traded on their account.

2 - The Company does not guarantee and bears no liability for the simultaneous selling of the original and copy trades when the client engages in copy trading on WebTrader.

More info here - Terms and Conditions | Deriv.com

We hope this information finds you well and if you have other inquiries, please reply to this post; our team will be more than happy to help you!

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Centre or contact us via Live Chat and WhatsApp.

0x121a196d81FC9f44b1225730

E152BCDdAb3c341f

0x121a196d81FC9f44b1225730E152BCDdAb3c341f

Continuing the discussion from API: managing access on third-party applications and mobile apps.:

0x121a196d81FC9f44b1225730E152BCDdAb3c341f

1 Like

Can I use Deriv API to trade CDFs?