Why do I keep getting losses even with stop loss in place?

I am testing the demo with several operations but I realise that it does not respect the stop losses we place in the crash, boom and range indices. It was covering zones in profit but when it turned around it closed well above the stop loss.

Does anyone know why this happens and if so, what article can we be pointed to so we know this is official and the intended behavior.

This current stop loss behaviour does not give me confidence to invest.

2 Likes

Dear @chivved-acephal-1 , thank you for joining our community! We are sorry to hear you are facing this. To assist you further in regards to your case, kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible and provide explanation to any inquiry you have. Thank you.

Hi did you get a solution I have the same problem i lost 40 dollars

Dear @aloesol-adelges-2 , thank you for joining our community! We are sorry to hear you are facing this. Kindly be informed that we would need to check further on your case. Therefore, to assist you further in regards to your case, kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible and provide explanation to any inquiry you have. Thank you.

I also faced the same thing and for me i reached to assistance they provided you with but the explanations werent compelling.
The assistant talked about slippage but i think it could be otherwise

Hi @albetad-alchymy-2. Thank you for joining our community! In regards to your inquiry, the Stop Loss will be triggered at the next available price when the market touch the Stop loss or the Take profit.

You may refer to our Terms and Conditions describing these orders execution as well (https://deriv.com/tnc/risk-disclosure.pdf):

Clause 2.4 of section CFD (Trading Risk) :

The system fills orders on a first-in, first-out basis, i.e. based on the sequence of the orders received. The sequence in which orders are filled is beyond our control. As a result, you may find it difficult or impossible to close a position at the intended price stipulated in your stop order during certain market conditions. In highly volatile trading conditions, a stop order will not necessarily limit your losses to the amounts you intended because market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. Therefore, your exit price is not certain. In short, a stop order is not a guarantee because it cannot operate in all market circumstances. Nevertheless, stop orders are a useful risk management tool.

Hope this information finds you well. If you would like us to check a specific trade for you, kindly provide your trade ID to us via Whatsapp or Live Chat.

Our team will check further for you and assist you accordingly.