Deriv refusing to solve my query

I’m unhappy with the broker. I’ve been trading with deriv for years and now I have an issue and they refuse to help me and take accountability for an error on their side.

On the first friday of August. I deposited $10. My account blew and then I deposited another $10 to keep trading but the full amount was not credited to the account after I transferred it which is strange. I could not continue trading because the $10 was not fully credited and only $1.87 was credited which is strange.

Everyone from the deriv support team is overlooking the matter and are refusing to help. They keep sending an automated message to say the funds were credited as per the report but the report clearly shows that the funds were not credited.
For a whole entire month I’ve been explaining the same story and I’m being told the matter is been escalated which is a lie.
No escalations are being done, I hate it.
Can someone actually review my account transactions and explain where the rest of the $10 is.

Hello @bubbles-accosts-2

Thank you for posting in our community!

We regret to note this. However, we would need to check further on your issue.
Therefore, kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data.

We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.