Unclaimed 10$ Withdrawal

Payment Agent: Unclaimed 10$ Withdrawal

Almost 1 month (11/03/2024) now that An Unknown person made a withdrawal of 10$ into my Payment agent account

The person refused to message me on all my platforms to drop his details and get paid

There is no way can message him for his payment since he hasn’t dealth with me in the past

The person went ahead to message Deriv support instead of messaging me to make complaint and Deriv locked my cashier function even after more than 3yrs being a payment agent without bad records

Deriv locked my cashier function without asking even if the person that made Withdrawal messaged me for his payment or not

Uptill today 1/04/2024, Deriv has failed to unlock my.account with more than a thousand dollars becuase of 10$ from somone who don’t know how to use Payment Agent option

I call on this great community to help me.
I need my account to be unlocked TODAY!
I want to resume my payment agent service back
I want Deriv to provide me the person’s details either to pay him in Naira or Reverse his transaction of 10$

Urgent action is required as this act has limited/restricted my operations on my Payment agent account

Thanks and regards

Hello @alcyone-acetums-2, we’re truly sorry for the inconvenience. To make things right, the relevant team will reach out to you via email to address your case. If you have any further inquiries or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us through LiveChat. We’re here to help and would be delighted to assist you further. Thank you!