Live account Enquiry

Hello Deriv.com
I’d like to ask a few questions. I tried using your chat and WhatsApp services but those are Chabots only.

1. I’m currently working and resident in South Korea and should like to open a Live account. I can send all the proof of address etc.

2. Relating to your lack of regulation in South Africa and since I’m going to ultimately return to South Africa am I able to make withdrawals to a South African bank account which would be the same account that I use to fund my Live account?
    2a. Do South Africans face any difficulties trading with you and withdrawing funds to a South African bank card as you’re not regulated there?

3. From March 2023, I plan on traveling as a digital nomad to many countries one of those being the USA where you are not authorized to operate. Does VPN work to access your web from the USA?

4. As a digital nomad, I would be living with friends and family and at times in hotels and that means no permanent proof of address during that 6 to 9 months period. Would that negatively impact my ability to trade with you and to make withdrawals as a digital nomad?

I look forward to hearing from you as I’m keen to open a Live account.

Dear @bawlers-alaskan-1, thank you for joining the community. Please note that, in live chat & whatsapp, before you are directed to an agent to be assisted in real time, you are first assisted by a robot so your issue can be addressed to the relevant department. You can type “talk to support” to be directed to an agent. We inform you that the waiting time will depend on the queue of customers in attendance. Kindly find below, the answers to your queries:

1. You can open a trading account if you are residing in South Korea.
  2. If you are returning to South Africa permanently, it will be needed that you contact us via LiveChat in order to change the information on the country of residence & address. To perform deposits & withdrawals once you are based again in South Africa, you can visit your cashier page at Deriv App | Deriv
  3. Please note that we do not offer services in the USA and, while you are there, you won’t be able to access your account for any activity since the system will lock your account based on your IP address. The same happens when you use a VPN and the system identifies the IP is different from your country of residence. In case it happens and you are not in a restricted country, it is needed that you contact our customer support via Live Chat or Whatsapp.
  4. In case you do not have a proof of residence you can provide us with a notarized document signed by an authorized officer.

Kindly find below, some articles that might interest you:

https://community.deriv.com/t/change-home-address/38351
https://community.deriv.com/t/the-acceptable-documents-for-the-proof-of-address/29196

You can contact us via Live Chat or Whatsapp for further assistance.

Hello, Am from Kenya, how do one change to Mpesa Withdraw option kindly,

Hi, @Rahab. Thank you for joining our community. Kindly be informed that to withdraw using a payment method, you need to first deposit using the specific payment method for it to be available in the withdrawal section. You may refer to the below link:

For better assistance and protection of your account’s data, kindly contact us via LiveChat. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.