Withdrawal /verification issues

I did register my deriv account while residing in my country and later moved to a country that is not listed. I am unable to provide the required verification documents as I no longer pay bills or bank back home. I have funds in my account and would appreciate your assistance in withdrawal of the same. What do I need to do? Customer service, live chat has not been helpful. Does closing the account help?

1 Like

Hello @antaeus-adossee-2, we’re truly sorry for the inconvenience. To make things right, our team will reach out to you shortly via email to address your case. If you have any further inquiries or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us through LiveChat. We’re here to help and would be delighted to assist you further. Thank you!

Hello, please note that I have uploaded the document ( proof of my current address) as requested before via email but customer service or live chat are in no position to help enable the withdrawal of funds.

They asked me to post here. Please advise

Hello @antaeus-adossee-2 , we’re truly sorry for the inconvenience. To make things right, our team has already reached out to you via email to address your case. If you have any further inquiries or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us through LiveChat. We’re here to help and would be delighted to assist you further. Thank you!

Thank you Team. Issue resolved

Hi @antaeus-adossee-2, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for allowing us to investigate your feedback further. We’re pleased to see that the issue has been resolved in your favor. If you encounter any further problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us via LiveChat or WhatsApp. Thank you for your understanding!

Hi I withdrew usdt a week ago but It hasn’t seen I connected support team 6 7 times they told me just wait how many days should I wait is there anyone slov my problem

Hello @apoikia-airboat-2, we’re truly sorry for the inconvenience. To make things right, our team has already reached out to you via email to address your case.

If you have any further inquiries or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us through LiveChat. We’re here to help and would be delighted to assist you further. Thank you!