SCAMMED IN DERIV detailed

This is long version of how I got scammed
I just got scammed and need assistance investigating GIDEON KIPKIRUI (the seller’s real name) on the p2p platform. After I paid him via M-Pesa (using the same number but it showed a different name, Caroline Rukaria, 0707184680), he called and told me he received the money. He instructed me not to click the “I have paid” button and to send him my CR number via WhatsApp. Having had successful transactions with p2p agents before, except for one delayed refund, I believed this would be successful as well, trusting “DERIV ALWAYS DELIVERS.”

However, he failed to complete my transaction. When the time expired, I called him, but he didn’t answer. This was the same person who had been calling and texting me every minute on WhatsApp to give instructions. I reported the numbers he used (0707184680 for calls under Caroline Rukaria and 0757276398 for texts under Joseph Muya) to Safaricom for investigation. They are working on it and will provide a report once completed.

I am now reporting this to DERIV, hoping they will help and take responsibility. Such issues could harm their reputation since users rely on trustworthy agents. It’s concerning that one person can use two different numbers and a man’s profile can be linked to a woman’s number. Additionally, I had to do extensive research to find where to report scams, which should be more straightforward, especially if evidence like screenshots exists.

I urge DERIV to improve their reporting process and user awareness. Using this platform can be difficult, and many people might not know where to report scams. It’s crucial to reach out and prevent others from falling victim to similar frauds. Losing $5 (Ksh659.95, but I sent Ksh660) is significant to me, and I don’t want this to happen to someone else.

Furthermore, DERIV should enforce proper punishment or ban the p2p agent known as DCASHKENYA (seller’s nickname) and GIDEON KIPKIRUI (seller’s real name). Inform users to always click on the “I’ve paid” button after making a payment and to only communicate through the p2p platform.

DERIV, please help me and others avoid these scams. If you don’t, it will harm your reputation, and users will lose trust in DERIV.

Hello @actures-acheron-2 , we’re truly sorry for the inconvenience. To make things right, our team has already reached out to you via email to address your case. If you have any further inquiries or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us through LiveChat. We’re here to help and would be delighted to assist you further. Thank you!