The Importance of Account Authentication

Greetings Deriv Community members :wink:

Account verification helps businesses verify the validity and ownership of clients’ details. This can be done due to regulatory requirements, to avoid errors or fraud.

An ID check ensures that there is a real person behind a process and proves that they are who they claim to be. This prevents anyone from carrying out a process on other people’s behalf without authorisation, creating false identities, or committing fraud.

Below are some of the importance of account authentication:

1. Avoid costly fines
  2. Improve the company’s reputation
  3. Safeguard the security and privacy of data
  4. Avoid any possible fraud

Hope the above information is useful for everyone.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Centre or contact us via Live Chat and WhatsApp.

1 Like

Hi
I am finding it difficult to upload my proof of address, everytime i click, it says my proof of address uploaded successfully, but i can’t take trades anymore. It doesn’t give me option to upload please help me on that…

1 Like

I tried live chat but i only chat with bot and it doesn’t help me at all

1 Like

Hello, @cassone-abusion-2. Thank you for joining the community! We regret to note that. Kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

I have been trying to process my prove of address but it has failed and it gives me difficulties cause I can’t trade I can’t do anything because of varification, when I try to upload it says my account doesn’t need to be authenticated

Hello, @awnings-acetate-2. Thank you for joining the community! We regret to note that. Kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Your system has reset my verified documents. My account is 3 years old. Why are you asking me to verify my account when my old documents are still accurate e.g residential address has not changed.

Hi, @arrivas-acquiet-2. Thank you for joining the community! We regret to note this. We recommend you to refer our support for further checks. Our Customer Support is available 24/7, kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

I was prompted to verify my account which I initiated and my proof of identity has been verified but for my proof of address once I upload my account statement it shows “Your address cannot be changed”. Please how can this be resolved?

Hello @brechan-acyclic-2, thank you for joining the community! We regret to note this. Our Customer Support is available 24/7, kindly reach out to us via LiveChat, for better assistance and protection of your account’s data. We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.